Gong Hei Fatt Choy :: Embroidered Cheongsam + Pink Silk Jacket

Saturday, January 28, 2017 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments


Happy Chinese New Year everyone! This being the Year of the Rooster, here's a twist to our quintessential Chinese national dress known as cheongsams or qipao as they are commonly referred to, that the Chinese often wear during this festive period.

Modern designers and the new generation are moving out of the taboo on " no black or mourning colours" for our festive outfits. Hence this lovely peony embroidered qipao was pulled out from the back of my closet and to calm the waters with older folks, trending it with a very bright reversible pink and lime green chinese style silk jacket.






Trending this qipao brought back sweet memories of the time when my good friend Joey and I, setup Foster Bay back in 2012. We totally enjoyed shopping for outfits to sell on our online store and this was one of our New Year favourites back then. I obviously kept one for myself as I love how this qipao looked on me and that it incorporated the traditional chinese dress style with a modern twist on the embroidery and the monochromatic colour palette.


Obviously I wanted to play " safe" where traditional superstitions are concerned e.g no blacks or mourning colours, so this lovely reversible pink and green silk jacket was just the answer to bring bright cheer to the outfit and brighten up a New Year's Day!


With much visiting and running around to friends' homes for the New Year, a perfect time to trend my new Marni shoes with a low heel to stay comfortable but with just enough bling for such an occasion.




Through the years, I have learnt which outfit styles suit me better. Halter necks seem to be a very slimming and sexy cut for me. So this dress hit the ball right out of the park to create that slimming silhouette.




Accessories are so important to make or break and outfit. I matched this look with a matching fuschia pink Celine bag and my lovely tassel Chanel earrings.

And here's a look of the jacket in reverse - lime green! Which do you prefer - pink or green?


Here's wishing all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year !

"Gong Xi Fa Cai " or as they say here in Hong Kong " Gong Hei Fatt Choy!"

Qipao ( Dress) : old, Foster Bay  ( similar here & here)
Jacket :  Stanley Market street stall ( similar here & here)
Shoes : Marni  ( get it here)
Bag : Celine
Earrings : Chanel

Love,
Simone xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous Year of the Rooster!

      Simone xoxo

      Delete