Summer 2016 - Most Popular Necklace Trend!

Sunday, August 28, 2016 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments

Happy last August weekend to all of you.

As you noticed, my hair seems to be getting shorter and shorter with each passing month ( well, once you go short from long it seems to get lots easier to trim it further down!).

So I am certainly working on accessorizing my neck and ears much more seeing that without all that hair covering my neck and shoulders, it will allow a good showcasing of those lovely necklaces and earrings.

Choker necklaces, especially those black velvet ones were something I recall trending in the 90s and early 2000s. But like with everything else, fashion trend keeps going in circles. So I started going through every possible jewelry box and drawer to search for those choker necklaces I used to own but alas.... it was just not meant to be. Probably threw them all out in the move to Hong Kong - so off I went to Stradivarius and ended up purchasing a set pack of 4 which had a good assortment of a simple black leather choker with a moon pendant, a pearl choker necklace, a red velvet choker necklace with a embellished star pendant and a silver chain link necklace. All perfect for mix and matching and even bringing some oomph to what would be a simple outfit.


Restyling old favourites from the closet, I was out and about town for shopping and so threw on my current favourite pair of comfy culottes from ZARA and matched it with a very old Burgundy H&M tee.


As I had mentioned before, malls and supermarkets in Hong Kong tend to blast their air conditioning to the max during these hot summer months and sometimes, the temperature difference is so great, I am literally shivering just after being in the mall or supermarket for 10 mins. Whilst, playing with texture and contrast, I chose to pair this pair of geometric print culottes with a floral print bomber jacket ( another summer favourite clothing item) !




Had this Burgundy ZARA clutch for awhile, and it was perfect to pair with this whole look. And of course, the highlight of the day was my velvet choker necklace with it's embellished star pendant.


This pretty bracelet was a lovely gift for my birthday from an old friend. Love it's delicate detailing of a little tulip flower.




So, here are some of my favourite styles of choker necklaces that would be perfect for your pairings this summer to fall 2016.

From top left to right : Bauble Bar Abella Choker //ASOS Love Rocks Flower Lace Necklace //
Bauble Bar Stevie Ribbon Choker // Bauble Bar Lasso Choker
From left to right : ASOS Ribbon Rose Choker Necklace // ASOS Velvet Pack of 2 Choker Necklace
Tee : H&M 
Jacket : Foster Bay ( old, similar here)
Culottes : ZARA ( similar here)
Clutch : ZARA ( similar here)
Necklace : Stradivarius ( get it here)
Bracelet : Les Nereides ( get it here)
Heels : Charles David ( similar here & here)


Do leave a comment below with which is your favourite choker style necklace. I would love to hear from you and be inspired with your suggestions.

Love,
Simone xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Nice selections! BTW, loving your stylish culottes! Thanks for sharing!

    AFU

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear this choker so beautifully! The entire look is lovely.

    Love, Liz
    stylewich.com

    ReplyDelete