Pencil Line : Pencil Skirt & Ankle Booties + My Favourite Ankle Boots for Fall 2014.

Friday, October 24, 2014 Simone - Your Style Architect 5 Comments

Hi everyone and happy Friday to you!

Taking a little break from #PinnedItSpinnedIt on Instagram as I was busy trying my hand out at photography and styling for a fun photoshoot for one of my ardent supporters.

She had contacted me and asked for styling tips and how to take nice pictures. Being based here in Hong Kong as well and having been following my blog religiously, I decided to invite her over for a day and tried my hand being behind the camera ( literally), and also helping her do her hair / makeup and styling. It was a fun day and certainly realise it takes a lot more out of those behind the scenes/ camera than the model themselves for photoshoots. It was hard work but patience got us through the day.

Respecting her privacy, I will not be sharing her pictures on my blog but you can see a couple of her shots on my Facebook Fan Page, as she continues to tag me on them as she posts them through the course of time.

So here's an outfit I had worn recently for lunch with the girls and figured it's a nice look to share, given that Fall is the time where we can start pulling out our booties. Of course the weather here in Hong Kong doesn't get much colder till perhaps November or even towards December. Hence ankle booties is the way to go with footwear till the mercury drops for the knee high boots to take over it's place.




I particularly like how the outfit stood out against the rustic temple that lies below a hill near my home. I wanted to present you a side of Hong Kong, which most don't see. People often see Hong Kong as a vibrant bustling city with branded stores and shops lining streets after streets in the city, and people mostly living in apartments on the main island. Where I live which is a good 45 mins from the main city, a vast majority of village people ( yes I do live in a village away from the city) are pretty religious and god fearing to a certain extent. There are about 4 shrines in total in my village alone. So, I wanted to have you feel the " heart" of old Hong Kong and so decided on this backdrop for this shoot.



Just a little fun trivia, this particular shrine is where my pack of wild dogs would go and take cover when the storms come through. Sheltered and warm ( but very dark) it seems to provide them the protection they need. 



As promised, here are some of my favourite Ankle Booties to share with you.

1. Pierre Hardy  2.Alexander Birman  3.Alexander McQueen  4. Burberry 5.Jimmy Choo
6.Jerome Rousseau 7. Pour la Victoire Zane  8. Chloe
9. Stuart Weitzman  10. Christian Louboutin  11. L.A.M.B. 

12. Christian Louboutin  13. Michael Kors  14. Miu Miu   15.Sergio Rossi
16. Valentino  17. ModCloth  18.Stella Luna
19 & 20. Ted Baker
Have fun trending and styling your outfits with some of these styles  and do share your pics with me.

Top : New Look ( Old) ( similar here)
Bottom : Cotton On ( similar here)
Belt : H&M ( similar here)
Booties : New Look ( similar here)
Earrings : Dior Inspired ( similar here)
Bangle : Hanna Lee ( similar here)
Watch : Kenneth Cole ( similar here)
Bag : Celine

Love,
Simone xoxo

Get this look for $113+ on Lookastic: Black Horizontal Striped T-shirt, Black Belt, Black Pencil Skirt, Multi colored Leather Tote Bag, Black Suede Ankle Boots, and Silver Bracelet

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. love ankle boots!! and I agree hk weather doesn't get cold enough to pull out complete winter clothes yet!!! can you do post on how to style glasses next time please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stripes! And that bag is just amazing!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan for taking the time to check out my post. I guess will just have to work on trending more stripe styles soon.

      Delete
  3. That is so friendly of you, to help someone out! Love those boots

    ReplyDelete